Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Psalm 127:3-5

Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is the Day That the Lord Has Made!


“This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it!”  November 6th was the day that Nikita was conceived in our hearts.  He was in our thoughts today as we drove to the orphanage.  Some day we WILL meet Nikita but for now we rejoice that he is in the arms of Jesus and there is NO MORE COMFORTING PLACE than that!  We know that God’s plans are better than ours and we are trusting in Him on this journey.  I have already replayed our first time with Dusty and Sonya in my mind over a thousand times – if not more.  It was only a very quick visit but we soaked in every minute.  Our facilitator was the one who brought Sonya to see us first.  

They had fixed Sonya’s hair in a ponytail on top of her head and she looked darling.  I was amazed that Sonya came right to me, perhaps it was because she recognized my face from the pictures we sent with Carey and Steve. While I was hugging and kissing on Sonya a nanny brought our little Dusty to us.  

Although he didn’t reach for us he did seem very content to be on Daddy’s lap.  We took a picture of the four of us together and then the doctor came in to talk with us.  

I pulled out two “feely books” which were gifts to Sonya and Dusty. (Thank you, Lococo family! They LOVED them!) Dusty was happily patting his hands on the pages while on Daddy’s lap. I was moving Sonya’s fingers over the different textures and telling her the names of the animals.  All the while the doctor was telling us about the childrens’ medical history.  It was hard to think of questions because all we wanted to do is spend time with these precious little ones!  As we sat there I reached to get Dusty and Sonya another toy.  Sonya kept pulling my hands so that my arms would wrap tight around her tummy – it was as though she couldn’t have them tight enough!  So sweet!  John was holding Dusty during most of the visit; he was very limited in his interactions, but smiled several times as Daddy swept his fingers across his cheeks and chin.  


He needs some good old-fashioned family love – and we plan on lots of that happening!  Finally the doctor was finished and we were able to be alone.  I put on Sonya’s braces/shoes and I helped her walk around the room.  She enjoyed walking especially up to Daddy!

  She had no reservations and wanted to get right up onto his lap.  I took a few pictures of Daddy with his sweeties.

  The doctor had said that Dusty could crawl – but we didn’t get a chance to see because the nannies had come to take the children to lunch.  I was shocked to see them so soon especially since I didn’t even get a chance to HOLD Dusty yet!  So I quickly took him from Daddy.  I gave him some big hugs and kisses told him, “I love you and Jesus loves you even more.  I will come back to see you tomorrow!”  

While I handed Dusty to the nanny, John had said his goodbye to Sonya and handed her over as well.  I wanted to say good-bye to Sonya too – so I asked to see her one more time!  Oh how I long for our next visit and even more for their “GOTCHA DAY!”

2 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so incredibly beautiful. I was brought to tears reading about Sonya pulling your hands around her tighter. You are all so blessed to have found each other.

    ReplyDelete